- Employment: Expertise in mediation and arbitration of hundreds of employment cases including wage and hour class actions, claims for discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, individual wage and hour claims, violation of trade secret and noncompete agreements. Ms. Warren was lead adjudicator on a large government wage and hour class action and has arbitrated other wage and hour class action claims. She is well known for her ability to handle matters involving highly sensitive and emotional issues.
- Real Estate: Extensive experience mediating and arbitrating all types of real estate disputes (both commercial and residential) including construction defect, mold, easement, quiet title, breach of contract, and claims relating to foreclosure of real property. She handles claims between buyers, sellers, lessors, lessees, brokers and agents, contractors, subcontractors, homeowners associations, neighbors and third parties. Ms. Warren holds a California Real Estate Broker’s license and is very experienced in arbitrating and mediating disputes relating to the C.A.R. contracts.
- Banking/Securities: Over 18 years litigation experience handling banking and securities matters. As an ADR professional, she has mediated complex financial and securities claims. Her expertise and experience include claims involving repurchase agreements between mortgage originators and purchasers, claims against broker/dealers, letters of credit, loan servicing agreements, and lien priority disputes. Ms. Warren arbitrated to Award a multi-million dollar claim brought by a well-known movie director against a national brokerage firm.
- Business/Commercial: Ms. Warren is frequently chosen as an arbitrator or mediator in commercial disputes such as partnership dissolutions, breach of contract claims, and breach of multi party agreements.
- Judicial Reference/Special Master/Temporary Judge: Ms. Warren has served as Temporary Judge presiding over a complex multi million dollar business contract dispute; she also serves as judicial referee/special master ruling on discovery disputes, hearing motions and managing complex litigation.
- Training: She has completed over 250 hours of training in dispute resolution through Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law, JAMS continuing education training (the JAMS Institute) and various private and bar sponsored programs.
Tri County Information
- Ms. Warren has mediated and arbitrated cases in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties since 1999. She is admitted to the Advanced Practitioner Panel of Mediators in San Luis Obispo County.
- Local rates for cases handled in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties are ($400 per hour, four hour (4) minimum time commitment, and no travel charges).
Full time mediator and arbitrator since 1998
Prior to ADR practice, 18 years as litigation counsel for financial institutions.
J.D., cum laude, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 1980
B.S., Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, 1973
Email Ms. Warren to request a list of recent references at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy J. Warren, Esq.
Mailing Address: 310 James Way, Suite 250, Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Tel. 805-544-3288 Fax 805-773-0202